MKW has extensive experience assisting Chinese companies. Our team is comprised of native Chinese speakers and other attorneys who have more than 10 years (some have 20 years) of experience at large U.S. law firms and multinational companies. We provide “Big-Law” level service in highly sophisticated matters but at much more affordable rates.
Our services to Chinese companies span all industries, with a focus on the technology, life sciences, software, financial services, entertainment, and construction sectors. We regularly represent Chinese companies in the following areas:
- We handle commercial and technology disputes through negotiation, mediation and arbitration.
- We litigate before federal and state courts in the U.S. and handle International Trade Commission (“ITC”) proceedings.
- We are experts in international arbitration and litigation.
- We draft and negotiate agreements related to technology, intellectual property and other commercial transactions;
- We assist clients with technology due diligence in mergers and acquisitions;
- We analyze patent and trademark portfolios and related agreements.
- We draft and negotiate inbound and outbound license agreements.
- We draft and negotiate international distribution and sales agreements.
- Patent prosecution in the U.S., including filing and prosecuting PCT applications entering the U.S. phase or filing and prosecuting U.S. patent applications based on non-US patents under the Paris Convention.
- We build patent portfolios that maximize the value of companies’ U.S. patents.
- We provide “in-house” patent-program-support to companies.
- We analyze our clients’ patents and their competitors’ patents to prepare opinions on infringement and validity.
- We represent clients in Inter Partes Review(IPR), Covered Business Method Review, Post Grant Review and Ex Parte Reexamination before the Patent Trials and Appeals Board (PTAB) and the Federal Circuit.
- We litigate patents.
Copyright and Trademark
- We prosecute trademark registration applications.
- We represent owners and alleged infringers in copyright and trademark litigation.
- We represent clients at the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board in opposition and cancellation proceedings
- We negotiate copyright and trademark transfer and licensing, as well as trademark co-existence agreements.
- We represent clients in domain name disputes in court and in UDRP arbitration.
Our U.S. and international clients benefit from our experience handling legal matters involving China-based businesses. We have developed a network of relationships with Chinese law firms with expertise in various areas. With native Chinese speakers and an admitted Chinese attorney, we are well suited to assist our clients in China-related matters.