MKW has extensive experience assisting foreign companies doing business in the United States or doing business with U.S. companies. Our team comprises of professionals who speak fluent foreign languages, such as Chinese, Japanese, and Russian. Many of our attorneys have more than 10 years (some have 20 years) of experience at big U.S. law firms and multinational companies with a wide range of expertise, both transactional and conflict resolving. We can provide a Big Law level of service in highly sophisticated matters but at a much affordable rate. Our compact operations allow us to have senior and accomplished attorneys serving our clients at cost-effective billing rates.
Our services to international clients span all industries, with a focus on the technology, life sciences, software, IT services, financial services, entertainment, and construction sectors. Among other types of services we offer, we regularly represent foreign clients in the following areas:
- We handle commercial and technology disputes through negotiation and arbitration.
- We litigate before Federal and State courts in the U.S. and handle International Trade Commission (“ITC”) proceedings.
- We are experts in international arbitration and litigation.
- We draft and negotiate agreements related to cross-border transactions, technology, intellectual property and other commercial transactions;
- We assist clients with technology and intellectual property due diligence in mergers and acquisitions and cross-border operations;
We analyze patent and trademark portfolios and related agreements.
- We draft and negotiate inbound and outbound license agreements.
- We draft and negotiate international distribution and sales agreements.
- Patent prosecution in the U.S., including filing and prosecuting PCT applications entering the U.S. phase or filing and prosecuting U.S. patent applications based on non-US patents under the Paris Convention.
- We build patent portfolios that maximize the value of companies’ U.S. patents.
- We provide “in-house” patent program support to companies.
- We analyze our clients’ patents and their competitors’ patents to prepare opinions on infringement and validity.
- We represent clients in Inter Partes Review(IPR), Covered Business Method Review, Post Grant Review and Ex Parte Reexamination before the Patent Trials and Appeals Board (PTAB) and the Federal Circuit.